RSG AeroDesign, LLC is an integrated engineering and technical services organization within the Rotorcraft Services Group, functioning as an independent business unit and acting as a catalyst for service growth, and product development and FAA STC certification. The company has a staff of senior engineers and specialists that draw on extensive working experience with major commercial and military programs to develop and to certify expert solutions for specialized applications and for the VIP, Law Enforcement and EMS markets. The company’s electrical, mechanical, aerospace and structures engineers use an expansive set of computer aided design and parametric solid modeling and analysis tools, including CATIA v5, SolidWorks, Inventor and Pro-E for electrical and mechanical systems design and development. NE NASTRAN and ANSYS are also used exclusively for finite element analysis and for dynamic components modeling. The company’s core competencies encompass the following areas of engineering expertise and design experience:
Structural and Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Aided Design and 3-D Parametric Modeling.
- Thick Walled Composite Structures Design and Analysis.
- Linear Static (Classical) Analysis.
- Finite Element Modeling and Analysis.
- Elastic/Plastic Non-linearities.
- Dynamic Analysis and Modeling.
- Damage Tolerance Analysis.
- High and low Cycle Fatigue Analysis.
- Decompression Analysis.
- Fracture Mechanics.
- Impact/Abuse Loads.
Electrical and Avionics Systems Design & Integration
- System Engineering, Specification, and Architecture Design.
- Failure Modes and Effect Analysis.
- System Safety Assessment.
- Electrical Load Analysis.
- Wiring Diagrams and Systems Schematics.
- Electromagnetic Interference Testing and Analysis.
- FADEC Testing and Analysis.
- Ground and Flight Test Procedures.
FAA Supplemental Type Certificate Approval
- Project Specific Certification Plan and Compliance Check List.
- Engineering Design and Compliance Data.
- Conformity Plan and Report.
- Interior Compliance Analysis.
- Egress Analysis and Test Plan.
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness.
- Flight Test Plan and Report.
- Draft Flight Manual Supplements.
- Draft Type Inspection Authorization.
- FAA DER/DAR Consultants Staff.